Check out these amazing paper works by Brian Dettmer - he's great! I got soooo so inspired by his work since I've had a small pile of some funny books waiting to be worked with. One is a book that I found from a flea market, How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie, 1936. It's one of the first bestselling self-help books ever published but now it seems more like a joke, check this out for example:
SEVEN RULES FOR MAKING YOUR HOME LIFE HAPPIER
- Don't nag. Check.
- Don't try to make your partner over. Hmm, okay... right.
- Don't criticize. NEVER!!
- Give honest appreciation. Check.
- Pay little attentions. Well, a little then.
- Be courteous. Of course, sir.
- Read a good book on the sexual side of marriage. Can anyone recommend one? Kamasutra? No?